Health and Safety Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.We are looking to add a new member to our HR/Health and Safety team. This role is based in Stratford, Ontario.
- Responsible for the administration and management of the Health and Safety management system. This includes internal audits, documentation and corrective actions (utilizing the 8D process).
- Develop, implement and monitor risk assessments for all manufacturing activities across the facility
- Work with supervisors/managers to ensure that effective incident investigations are completed. Report the results of said investigations in the Stackpole safety FMEA database.
- Maintain records and coordinate investigation of work related accidents, injuries, illnesses and incidents. Make recommendations to reduce or eliminate root causes.
- Ensure that health and safety policies/practices/procedures are in compliance with Stackpole International requirements and applicable legal requirements
- Participate in JHSC meetings and workplace inspections
- Ensures that the requirements of the Quality Management System and Environmental Health and Safety Systems are met
- Work in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator on various projects
- Post secondary education in Health and Safety, or equivalent experience
- 5 years in health and safety, preferable in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, including WSIB, ergonomics and ISO 45001
- Comfortable working on the production floor to actively understand and resolve safety issues, exposure to heat, machinery and noise
What we offer...
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply