Operations Technician - Electrician
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking to add a new member to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario.
- Under general supervision repairs, installs, maintains, and tests industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls, such as motors, transformers, wiring, switches, and alarm systems, used for the generation, distribution and utilization of electric energy in an industrial establishment, in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations (equipment includes 45 to 800 ton multi-level compacting and coining presses and grinding and sintering processes
- Installs, calibrates, operates and ensures the proper maintenance of Programmable Logic Controls for manufacturing equipment according to technical manuals and verbal and written instructions
- Locates, determines and diagnoses electrical malfunctions in the plant and repairs
- Develops and conducts preventative maintenance programs and keeps maintenance records
- Tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency
- Inspects circuits and wiring for appropriate shielding and grounding
- May rewind or make major repairs to motors
- Prepare purchase orders or requisitions
- Other related duties as required
- Ensures all work complies with Safety Standards and all Applicable codes
- Adheres to Stackpole’s policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Electrical/Electrical ( Electronic) trade certification
- 2 - 3 years of manufacturing experience required, preferably in the automotive industry
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) essential
- Ideal candidate has powder metal experience with presses, grinding, and sintering,
- Independent and self-motivated troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Full-time employment with hours from Monday to Friday
- Rotating Continental shifts
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.