Finance Manager (Part time - Contract)
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power solutions and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ most difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
With Corporate Services in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Corporate Finance team. This role is based in Ancaster, Canada. Travel may be required to other locations in Ontario.
This position is a part-time role working 20-30 hours per week. Contract length is 8-10 months.
- Provide guidance and training to the Stackpole Corporate Services Finance team following recent team changes
- Support the Corporate Finance Manager and Financial Analyst for all Financial Planning and Analysis activities
- Develop controls checklists or similar documentation based on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of our parent company Johnson Electric
- Coordinate training sessions on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that will be led by Johnson Electric and held with Stackpole business unit finance teams and plant controllers
- Develop document retention policies for Stackpole Corporate Services and ensure that all Stackpole locations have done the same
- Develop delegation of authority matrices for Stackpole that meet the requirements of Johnson Electric
- Review processes and recommend and implement improvements, including improved sign-off and reviews
- Coordinate the completion of government grant applications
- Special projects including developing and implementing a capital approval system at our 10 locations
- CPA or CPA, CA designation required
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience or experience as a team leader preferred
- Experience in an automotive or manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with an Advanced understanding of Excel
- Ability to manage projects and collaborate across several teams at multiple locations
- Familiarity with CMS ERP system preferred
- Strong understanding of typical internal controls, accounting principles and month-end processes in a manufacturing business
What we offer…..
- Competitive salary
- Intercultural team
- Regular social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.