CNC Machine Operator
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers' most difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our CNC team. This role is based in Mississauga, ON.
- Maintain continuous operation of the CNC equipment to produce quality parts. Operate machine, turn on/off, adjust if required, validate process gauges as required,
- Load and unload parts into machine ensuring proper orientation and location,
- Monitor machine operation to detect issues to notify their supervisors in the event of a
- Complete all necessary paperwork (ie. trend charts, in-process and first off inspections, TPM, reject improvement tracking sheet, production tracking)
- Effectively communicate any visual or dimensional defects.
- Keep work area clean and organized, maintain 5S standards
- Perform routine maintenance checks on equipment. Complete TPM which includes safety checks prior to shift commencement. Equipment must be thoroughly checked by the operator.
- Identify more effective and efficient means by which to complete assigned tasks, seek out continuous improvement by participating in Winner’s Circle Program and demonstrate environmental awareness.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Collecting, reporting and acting on performance measures of the Manufacturing Area
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the Manufacturing Team
- Performing various functions and assisting in other areas as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have Certificate of qualification in operating CNC equipment with a basic understanding of CNC programming.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and be mathematically competent;
- This position requires a team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment, be involved in a participatory process and make decisions within the team;
- Must be familiar with the use of micrometers and other measuring instruments;
- Must be familiar with metric and imperial measurements and SPC charting.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate