Operations Technician - Millwright
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We’re looking to add a new member to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario.
- Performs repairs requiring a thorough knowledge of pumps, valves, electric and pneumatic actuators, motors, gears, hydraulics, mechanical drives, speed reducers and other related equipment
- Responsible for performing repairs and troubleshooting mechanical and related equipment
- Analyzes by troubleshooting, all types of mechanical and related equipment, and making recommendations on a course of action for the repair or replacement of equipment
- Interprets Operating & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, diagrams, schematics, prints and recommends revisions
- Organizes, coordinates, and works with external contractors while performing maintenance or repairs to equipment, including the inspection of completed work to ensure it conforms to Regional Standards and industry best practices
- Responds to emergency equipment failures, troubleshoots equipment and diagnosing problems, identifies needed resources and makes repair or works with contractors to complete work
- Provides support services to the Region’s Special Project Group to assist with project implementation and the start-up and commissioning of equipment
- Maintains a good working relationship with all colleagues, customers and contractors through collaboration, communication and application of conflict resolution skills
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to record all work performed, source equipment parts, equipment history, and modify and update work status as required
- Performs welding, pipe fitting and rigging as required and other duties as assigned
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma with a valid Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) in good standing with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities
- Three to five (3-5) years of practical experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System and other computerized systems is an asset
- Must possess a good understanding of safety practices as mandated under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Must have the ability to understand equipment manufacturers’ schematic drawings to check equipment installation and repairs. Must interpret design drawings to validate and provide comments on proposed work, and interpret operating and maintenance (O&M) manuals to effectively check equipment installation and repairs
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.