Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We’re looking to add a new member to our Corporate Purchasing team. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario with travel throughout North America and some global travel required. Candidate must be able to work out of our Corporate office in Ancaster 1-2 days a week.
- Lead the strategy development, implementation and execution of goals and objectives that are focused on the key commodities to enhance overall company performance
- Establish and build strong relationships with core suppliers
- Implement a system and process that drives the most optimal Total Cost of Ownership when considering the entire supply chain
- Conducts analysis on spending and budget data; presents findings and makes recommendations to senior management to meet objectives of improving financial performance and realizing cost savings
- University degree required – Business or Engineering preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive work experience in purchasing
- Die Casting Experience required preferably in a T1 or T2 automotive environment
- Experience using ERP systems and advanced level Excel skills
- Experience leading people preferred
What we offer...
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.