Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Manufacturing Engineering department. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
In conjunction with Quality Engineering and operations taking a leadership role in the development, and implementation of new manufacturing cells as well as the continuous improvement and problem root cause resolution of current operating cells from the perspective of process capability, process control, perishable tooling performance and process productivity/rate.
- Working with advanced manufacturing, quality engineering, and operations assist in implementing new production cells and continuously improving existing cells in order to ensure long-term customer satisfaction, employee safety and welfare, and business economic success
- Responsible for purchasing and inventory control of all perishable tooling and tool inventory systems on a cell basis
- In conjunction with quality engineering complete the implementation of automotive operating systems including APQP, PPAP, and QOS as per ISO/TS 16949 standards as they relate to process development including:
- Set up instructions
- Parameter sheets
- Set-up check lists
- Machine logs
- Perishable tooling control systems
- Capability analysis
- Fixture predictive and preventive check lists and audit sheets
- Review and retain as records all fixture predictive check sheets performed by operation technicians
- Debugging, run-off, and implementation of cell based manufacturing equipment, in conjunction with quality engineering
- CNC machine programs
- Completion of run at rate process performance testing in conjunction with manufacturing operations
- As a member of the cell based MRB team and continuous improvement team complete weekly manufacturing engineering status reports to document root cause resolution and ongoing process continuous improvement
- Work in compliance with Stackpole EP Quality Systems
- Work in compliance with Stackpole EP Safety Systems
- Work in compliance with Stackpole EP Environmental Systems
- A degree in Mechanical Technology or Engineering
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in the hands on process development of CNC based machining and automated assembly operations
- Excellent CNC and PC based computer skills
- Understanding of automotive systems and quality requirements based on ISO/TS 16949 operating systems
- Excellent communications, negotiating, conflict management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact and lead effectively at all levels of the organization
What we offer…
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.