Advanced Engineering Product and Process Development Engineering Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. We’re looking to add a new member to our Engineering team. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Champion the APQP process and maintain the Master Timeline for the development and launching of new and modified products.
- Develop and update Advanced Product Quality Planning documentation when required. These documents include but are not limited to Process Flow Diagrams, Design & Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Control Plan documents, and other process specific documents.
- Read, understand and check engineering drawings for tools and manufactured components, including interpretation and measurement of GD&T specifications.
- Coordinate and champion the manufacture of prototype (pre-production) parts as required.
- Develop test methods and carry out trials to test hypotheses and determine the effects of proposed changes to production parts and processes. Make recommendations based on the analysis of these results.
- Create, document and implement new procedures and best practices.
- Communicate with customers in a technical capacity to ensure the mutual satisfactory resolution of problems.
- Transfer knowledge learned in the pre-production and production part approval stages of development to production staff during and after new program launches.
- Provide technical support to various teams within Stackpole.
- Engineering Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience within a mechanical, materials, or manufacturing discipline.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in high volume manufacturing, preferably in the automotive industry; familiarity with metal forming (mechanical and/or hydraulic pressing), machining, and thermal processing is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Automotive Quality Systems (IATF/TS16949) is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI), Statistical Analysis software (Minitab or JMP experience is an asset), Solidworks or other CAD platform (modeling / drafting experience is an asset) and programming skills (Visual Basic, Python, Matlab) is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve product and/or process problems using analytical tools (ie, MS Excel, statistical software, etc.)
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.