Maintenance Technician- Electrician
As a member of the maintenance department, the Manufacturing Systems Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Manufacturing Systems Technician, is responsible for the programming, debugging, installation and startup of new or modified production and test equipment from the perspective of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls installation. Responsible for the sustenance of equipment documentation systems from the perspective of obtaining and updating technical reference manuals, instructions and electrical schematics required to service this equipment long term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working with the Operations, Quality, and Engineering Departments, maintain and repair facilities and production equipment
- Repair, refurbishment, and construction of state of the art CNC/PLC/Robotic based manufacturing equipment including mechanical, controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- The maintenance, refurbishment and repair of all production equipment and facilities as per ISO/TS 16949 system procedures.
- Assembly, debugging, installation, and start-up of new or modified production equipment from the perspective of mechanical assembly, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls installation.
- Responsible for ensuring an organized and well equipped maintenance department from the perspective of housekeeping and project organization.
- Candidates will play an integral role in the completion of equipment and facilities projects as well as facilitate planned maintenance activities and emergency repairs in the production environment.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills as applied to CNC and/or PLC based equipment, and Automated Assembly equipment with Fanuc robots is required
- Must be willing to work continental shifts, rotating as necessary
- This position requires excellent communication, negotiating, team orientation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of PLC, CNC, and Electrical Systems is required. Knowledge of TS16949 standards an asset.
- Work with other team members in order to complete the implementation of new or modified production machines in conjunction with new manufacturing projects
- Ensure operational quality and efficiency targets are maintained
- Work in compliance with Stackpole EP Safety, Quality, Environmental and Production Systems
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician (442A or 309A) and relevant industrial experience
- Ideal Candidate has 3+ years’ experience on repair and maintenance of CNC machining and automated assembly applications in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Hands on technical skills with respect to Electrical Assembly, Machine Repair, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic Systems, PLC, Fanuc Robots and CNC based control and logic systems, welding and basic manual machining skills are a definite asset
- Understanding of automotive systems and quality requirements based on Quality Operating Systems
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organisation.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
Hourly rate $36-$38/hr.
Shift premium - $1.00/hr Continental Days and $1.50/hr Continental Nights.
Fantastic Pension Plan
Great Health & Dental Benefits
Short & long term disability plans
Employee BBQ's and events
Annual tool allowance
Annual safety shoe and glassed allowances