Manufacturing Engineering Metal Forming Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Engineering team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
Responsible for developing and recommending new or improved processes and procedures to maximize operational quality, efficiency, and capacity in the compacting process. Implement processes for current and new products as required.
- Develop Master programs for compacting equipment; continuously improve processes through efficiency improvements.
- Train current and new manufacturing technicians with known and new techniques for setting tools in presses.
- Participate in improving tooling through improvements in setups, material changes, coating changes, etc.
- Lead activities to improve setup times perform SMED activities
- Participate in the development of all Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, and SWI’s that are required for new programs and existing programs specific to compacting.
- Participate as required on new part programs APQP teams.
- Ensure that CI activity is ongoing with respect to RPN number improvement for all PFMEA’s.
- Facilitate and participate with the quality department to solve part quality issue, use of various problem solving techniques is required.
- Participate in reporting to management progress on problem solving.
- Track and develop action plans to improve OE and PA for part programs.
- Participate and/or lead teams on continuous improvement activities on 5S techniques for compacting presses.
- Develop Continuous Improvement projects to reduce part costs, lead-time, scrap, tooling dollars, or rework/screening.
- Participate in sourcing new equipment within guidelines of department and PMDM machine specification.
- Prepare and revise production operations and standards manual.
- Ensure compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Perform various similar and related duties as required.
- Engineering Diploma or Degree, or a combination of trades study and practical experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Systems (ISO, QS, IATF) and Lean Manufacturing principles and practices will be an asset
- Strong communication skills verbal and written including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes and AutoCAD.
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings & GD&T
- Strong organizational & Task / time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret Hydraulic and electronic schematics.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing with emphasis on Industrial Engineering,
- Previous experience in design/manufacturing in metal forming industries such as Powder Metal/Die Casting/ Metal Injection Molding/ Plastic molding etc. preferred
- Ability to understand hydraulic curves as displayed on HMI and oscilloscope for troubleshooting setups.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate