Tool & Die Maker (430A) Continental Night Shift
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Tool & Die team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
As an integral part of the Operations team, your goal is to support production of quality parts at a low cost and on time to the customer. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to perform the necessary tasks and duties to safely and efficiently prepare tooling and tool rigs for production use, utilizing appropriate skills and techniques in tool & die making.
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process;
- Provide technical support to the human resources, processes, products and equipment employed within the division on a day-to -day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Technical Team Members on other shifts, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in continuous improvement team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues, when required
- Participate in 5 “S” activities.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work continental night shift
- Team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment;
- Must have an Ontario Trade Certificate as a Tool & Die Maker and have at least three years relevant work experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with powder metal tooling preferred.
- Must be a reliable, mature individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate