Quality Engineering Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Quality team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
The Quality Engineering Specialist is responsible for ensuring that parts shipped meet customer expectations and are produced in the most efficient manner possible. Also required to assist in the development of new business and responsible for maintaining relations with current customers and suppliers.
- Manage Quality Related Performance: acquire understanding of customer specific quality requirements and effectively relay information to operations through training and controlled process documentation.
- Lead Problem solving initiatives and guide the team to solve the issues.
- Contain and Disposition all Internal Non-Conforming Material: contain all suspect non-conforming material and use information from quality related documents and production staff to determine if product meets requirements. Disposition material accordingly.
- Maintain and Develop Customer Relations: speak with customer contacts regularly to inquire about product performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Update customer scorecard and customer portals
- Maintain and Develop Supplier Relations: clarify our requirements, initiate improvement, and monitor performance. Speak with suppliers regularly about the expectations of our customers.
- Initiate and Manage Corrective Action: lead the corrective action process for the purpose of resolving both internal and external quality issues.
- Develop and analyze statistical data to monitor quality performance and reduce nonconforming occurrences.
- Participate in the implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Scrap Reduction: monitor part and defect specific scrap levels at all processes and implement cost reduction actions.
- Training: instruct inspectors and PA’s on proper job practices pertaining to such things as gauge operation, inspection standards, corrective actions, etc.
- Creation and Maintenance of IATF Documents: involved in PPAP submission, development of PCP, FMEA, new product launch and internal documentation, and all relevant APQP.
- Production Support: assist with daily production issues. Develop rework strategies, modify processes, establish acceptance criteria, etc.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement activities related to Quality, Productivity and Engineering
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong Problem solving skill and hands on experience of problem solving tools.
- Strong technical background coupled with a minimum three-year diploma in mechanical engineering or materials engineering or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with best practices in Quality Assurance, application of SPC, tool design, error proofing techniques, IATF 16949, etc. and employee motivational techniques.
- Hands-on, well organized, possess good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Five plus years of relevant experience.
- Able to travel to customer locations; U.S.A., Mexico and Asia
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate