Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Manufacturing team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities of the department’s Production Associates, as well as working as part of the Department to produce quality parts at a low cost and on time to the customer.
- Facilitating daily team meetings and discussions on resolving production issues
- Administering daily production items (SPC, housekeeping, PM)
- Providing technical support and expertise to the team
- Administrating and managing measures for the Department
- Coordinating customer requirements regarding delivery, quality and pricing
- Providing orientation and training for new employees to the Department
- Monitoring and managing conduct, time and attendance of personnel within the Department
- Coordinating continuous improvement initiatives
- Interviewing prospective candidates for the Department
- Tracking and reporting inventory levels
- Ensuring the safety and health of employees and facilitating health and safety meetings
- Involvement in advanced quality planning and new product development
- Providing input to the long term planning process
- Assisting in the training of team members
- Counseling and guidance for team members
- Participating in the purchasing of new equipment
- Involvement in performance evaluations and
- Providing input to job descriptions
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- Competent level of Leadership and Team building skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication attributes.
- Ability to support continuous improvement goals relative to employee relations and development, cost, quality, and service. Examples of these activities include reporting and managing Factory performance, interviewing and recruiting, improvement projects management, Team training, capacity planning and team meeting leadership
- Positive attitude and passion to succeed.
- Three plus years of supervisory experience.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate