Design and Simulation Engineer (or Engineering Specialist)
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.We are looking to add a new member to our Advanced Engineering team. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Support business and product development team from concept to production in Advanced Engineering group:
- Perform CAD modeling
- Execute tool, apparatus & component analysis: FEA, CFD, DEA, gear, Fatigue
- Study feasibility of process and production
- Simulate Die fill, Compaction, Sintering, Selective Densification
- Prediction of Density, Shrinkage and Distortions, Life & optimization opportunities
- Perform simulation on R&D manager demands
- Contribute to long term simulation strategy:
- Identifying & benchmark new simulation & modeling tools
- Identifying & take initiatives for input parameters for material models used in FEA
- Accountable for the performance of students and interns
- An undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering is required; post-graduate degree is considered an asset
- Three years’ industrial experience preferred – automotive (powertrain) applications engineering and/or R&D
- Experience creating designs for manufacturing with 3D modeling software (Pro/E, Unigraphics, or SolidWorks preferred)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, machine design, materials science etc.
- Sufficient knowledge & experience using finite element software, computer simulation, numerical methods and FEA Theory
What we offer…..
- Full-time employment Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.