Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
The Millwright / Mechanic is responsible for all preventative maintenance/repairs of all plant utilities, machinery and processes within Stackpole International, PMDM.
- Ensure that all levels of safety are implemented in projects and service for the facility
- Support for Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance and Production to optimize and upgrade Hydraulic Systems, Press systems, electronics and CNC controls.
- Work as a team member in order to complete equipment service calls and manage contractors
- Management of and the timely planning and execution of projects.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting and repair of existing hydraulic equipment in order to minimize machine downtime
- Generate cost savings or continuous improvement projects, plan, execute and report on deliverables in a timely manner.
- Participate in the floor plan design for product line and develop alternatives for product & process flow
- Assist in training other team members on Hydraulic / Press systems and operation.
- Maintenance of Quality Operating Systems with respect to equipment documentation and record retention as per ISO/TS 16949 standards
- Improvements in equipment/automation maintainability and reliability
- Manage materials acquisition, implementation and inventory control for all machine wears and spares
- Ensure ongoing support for Operations, Quality, and Facilities management with respect to ongoing process and continuous improvement
- Ensure all presses and equipment meets current safety lock out standards.
- Ensure training on new cells presses and equipment is current signed off and relevant to the equipment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a spare parts inventory for all mechanical and electrical parts for hydraulic systems.
- Completion of course work through the Ontario College of Trades for Industrial Millwright 433A.
- Proficient in Hydraulic schematics reading and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of hydraulic valves and set up. Proportional, Servo, Flow control, (dependent, independent), Pressure control and Directional control.
- Knowledge of hydraulic pumps. Vane, Piston and Gear.
- Hands on technical skills with respect to Mechanical Assembly, Machine Repair, Electrical Systems
- Welding and machining skills are a definite asset.
- Experience in the hands on repair and maintenance of hydraulic systems and CNC equipment
- Understanding of automotive systems and quality requirements based on ISO/IATF 16949 operating systems
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Project management
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in related software
- Must be capable of specifying and sourcing materials and equipment to best suit requirements.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate