Business Development Manager
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ most difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Halla Stackpole is a joint venture between the Halla Group (Korea) and Stackpole International (Canada) global automotive parts supplier of powder metal engine sub components and pumps. In October 2015, Stackpole International became a member of the Johnson Electric family. Our vision is to be recognized as the global leader in the design and manufacture of highly engineered systems through innovation, technology and people.
We’re looking to add a new member to our Halla Stackpole team. This role is based in Miyun (Beijing), China.
- Assess and understand the Chinese Market – customers, competitors (i.e. build China portion of Strategic Plan)
- Identify key target customers and technologies
- Build a business growth plan
- Performance of the management of existing accounts
- Produce commercial proposals in conjunction with operations and engineering
- Develop customer relationships – purchasing and engineering
- Work closely with global business development team, Advanced Engineering / R&D teams, global sales team to advance business in China and globally
- Use relationships with EPDC sales / business development counterparts to develop PM business opportunities
- Represent and market PM capabilities of HSBC to the technical and purchasing communities in China.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum five years’ experience in automotive business and product development (technical) and operational excellence
- Undergraduate degree, engineering preferred
- Automotive parts sector industry experience (Tier one or two)
- Progressive positions in a technology-based automotive company, technical and business development roles preferred
- Demonstrable ability to persuade and influence key internal and external stakeholders and to deliver practical results; can effectively execute
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is a must
Competitive salary and benefits
Training and career development opportunities
Welfare and contribution
Health investment and insurance planning
*Please submit your cover letter and resume in English outlining your relevant experience.