Machine Vision Technician
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking to add a new member to our Engineering team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario.
- Assist at system development phase to build and install robotic vision systems
- Testing and verification of new or retrofitted and modified vision systems
- Document and maintain detailed standards for existing machine vision and automation systems such as Standardized Work, Operator Instructions, Fault Resolution and Maintenance Activities
- Support the training of Manufacturing Technicians for the interaction and fault diagnosis of vision systems installed at Stackpole PMDA.
- Diagnose system and equipment faults, resolve them to keep production running at rate & document lessons learned utilizing relevant Stackpole systems such as TPM, Preventative Maintenance , Standard Work, Fault Resolution and Maintenance Work Order documents
- Monitor & improve throughput of good parts (Operational Availability %) on manufacturing equipment utilizing machine vision technology for orientation and inspection of parts
- Develop procedures and maintenance plans to sustain equipment at low mileage condition
- Help maintain & upgrade vision systems and associated robots / component handling including the identification & procurement of critical spares
- Maintain a thorough, current knowledge of new and innovative techniques in the electro-mechanical / electrical engineering field.
- Support activities for the development and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Participate in process and product feasibility reviews.
- Provide technical support to Production, Engineering and Quality Stakeholders.
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Perform various similar & related duties as required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.