Apprentice Industrial Electrician 2nd Year (442A)
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for working as part of the Maintenance Department to produce quality parts at a low cost and on time to the customer
- Primary responsibility is performing the tasks and duties that are required as part of your skills and abilities as required for machine repair and all plant equipment including plant utilities
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process
- Duties encompass preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, machine improvements and modifications.
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources, Processes, Products and Equipment employed within the Division on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with technical team members on other shifts within the department, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues, when requires
- Participate in 5 “S” activities
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be working towards 442A Industrial Electrician License
- Member in good standing of the Ontario College of Trades
- Successful Completion of Year 1 of In-School Training
- Team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment
- Must have good trouble shooting knowledge of PLC’s, speed controls, CNC controls, and automation equipment
- Must be a reliable, mature individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.