Automation & Maintenance - Technical Lead- Assembly
Purpose and Scope:
As a member of the maintenance department, the Automation and Maintenance Technical Lead - Assembly reports to the maintenance Supervisor. The maintenance and automation technician, is responsible for troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining production assembly equipment from the perspective of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls systems. Responsible for the ensuring equipment documentation systems including work orders, obtaining and updating technical reference manuals, instructions and electrical schematics required to service this equipment long term are current and accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and working with the Operations, Quality, and Engineering Departments, maintain and repair production assembly equipment
- Work as a Technical Lead Hand and team member in order to complete preventative maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting, or refurbishment of state of the art PLC/Robotic/Vision and automation based manufacturing equipment including mechanical, controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Take a proactive role in helping to overcome operational problems encountered in the normal course of business
- Work with management and production employees to establish schedules to ensure customer satisfaction and 100% on time delivery
- Monitor all quality systems on an ongoing basis including response to out of control conditions. Assist operational teams to identify quality problem encountered
- Monitor and assess maintenance employee training including a recommendation of any additional training requirements
- Ensure that housekeeping procedures are followed to maintain a world-class facility
- Monitor and assist in implementation of various systems including ISO/TS 16949 to compete on a world class level
- Communicate with other supervisors and interact with other departments to ensure proper flow is maintained throughout production facilities
- Assembly, debugging, installation, and start-up of new or modified production equipment from the perspective of mechanical assembly, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls installation.
- Completion of equipment projects as well as planned maintenance activities and emergency repairs in the production environment.
- Must be willing to work continental shifts, rotating as necessary
- This position requires excellent communication, negotiating, team orientation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of PLC, and Electrical Systems is required
- Work with other team members in order to complete the implementation of new or modified production machines in conjunction with new manufacturing projects
- Ensure operational quality and efficiency targets are maintained
- Work in compliance with Stackpole EP Safety, Quality, Environmental and Production Systems
- A Certificate of Qualification as a Electrician or Millwright and relevant industrial experience;
- Or Electromechanical or Mechatronics Technician or Technologist diploma, or equivalent;
- Or Technical diploma in Automation or Engineering Technology and relevant automotive industry experience
- 3+ yrs experience in the hands on repair and maintenance of Automation, robotics and vision systems in a high volume manufacturing environment
Technical & Skill Requirements:
- Familiarity with Fanuc, A-B, Omron and Siemens controls and Fanuc and ABB robotics
- Knowledge of PLC, Electrical and Mechanical Systems required. Knowledge of TS16949 standards with respect to APQP, PPAP, and QOS is a definite asset
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Base Hourly rate $42+/hr.
- Shift premium - $1.00/hr Continental Days and $1.50/hr Continental Nights.
- Lead Premium
- Fantastic Pension Plan
- Great Health & Dental Benefits
- Profit Sharing
- Short & long term disability plans
- Employee BBQ's and events
- Annual tool allowance
- Annual safety shoe and glassed allowances