Human Resources Co-op Student (4 months)
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Coop Student reports to the Senior Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Coop Student is responsible for providing support for the day to day responsibilities in the Human Resources Department. Please note that this co-op term is from January- May 2019 (4 months).
- Support HR Department in day to day activities
- Assist in the direct labour recruiting process, including job postings on various job boards, updating job descriptions, confirming prerequisites, and resume screening
- Conduct pre-interview screening, schedule interviews, compile interview comments, and reference checks.
- Prepare and conduct orientation and training for new employees
- Coordinates temporary staffing needs as needed, submits hours worked for temporary employees
- Coordinate performance reviews and wage increases for direct labour
- Update HR records including training, benefits and demographic
- Prepare communications postings
- Organize various social events, such as retirement parties, Christmas lunches etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Adheres to Stackpole’s policies and procedures
- Adheres and supports Stackpole’s Safety and Environmental policies and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Student must be in a college/university program with a required Human Resources Co-op term
- Working towards or possess the designation of Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in dealing with people in a customer service type capacity
- Some experience in a Human Resources department
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (including Physical Demands):
- Constant keyboard and phone use
- Occasional walking
- Much of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area
- Some time spent on manufacturing floor, talking to employees
- There is a frequent need to give close attention to various stimuli such as written material and information given verbally to co-workers
- The work is varied
- There are deadline pressures, while at the same time there is a demand for thoroughness and attention to detail
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.