Maintenance and Automation Technician
Purpose and Scope:
As a member of the maintenance department, the maintenance and automation technician reports to the maintenance manager. The maintenance and automation technician, is responsible for the programming, debugging, installation and start-up of new or modified production and test equipment from the perspective of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls installation. Responsible for the sustenance of equipment documentation systems from the perspective of obtaining and updating technical reference manuals, instructions and electrical schematics required to service this equipment long term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member in order to complete preventative maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting
- Ensure operational quality and efficiency targets are maintained
- Ensure that all levels of safety are implemented into each automation change
- Maintenance of Quality Operating Systems with respect to equipment documentation and record retention as per ISO/TS 16949 standards
- Improvements in machine maintainability and reliability
- Assist in materials acquisition and implementation and inventory control for all machine wears and spares
- Must be willing to work continental shifts, rotating
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- A Certificate of Qualification as a Electrician or Millwright and relevant industrial experience OR a Technical diploma in Automation or Engineering Technology and relevant automotive industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in the hands on repair and maintenance of Automation, robotics and CNC machining centers in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with Fanuc, A-B, Omron and Siemens controls and Fanuc and ABB robotics
- Knowledge of PLC, CNC, Electrical and Mechanical Systems required. Knowledge of TS16949 standards with respect to APQP, PPAP, and QOS is a definite asset
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
What we offer…..
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.