PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Controls Engineer is responsible for improving manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. In conjunction with Quality, Engineering and Operations work groups, take a leadership role in the development and implementation of new manufacturing cells and work processes. Responsible for continuous improvement and problem root cause resolution of current operating cells from the perspective of process capability, process control, perishable tooling performance and process productivity/rate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in compliance with Stackpole International Engineered Products Safety, Environmental, Quality and Production Systems
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required for the production of high quality parts.
- Work closely with production and technical support resources and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects
- Directs the development and/or improvements of assembly, automation and auxiliary manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Meet plant goals and standards in safety, quality, delivery and cost
- In conjunction with quality engineering complete the implementation of automotive operating systems including APQP, PPAP, and QOS as per IATF 16949/ISO9001 standards as they relate to process development including:
- Set up instructions
- Parameter sheets
- Set-up check lists
- Machine logs
- Perishable tooling control systems
- Capability analysis
- Fixture predictive and preventive check lists and audit sheets
- Debugging, run-off, and implementation of cell based manufacturing equipment, in conjunction with quality engineering
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Completion of run at rate process performance testing in conjunction with manufacturing operations
- As a member of the cell based MRB team and continuous improvement team complete weekly manufacturing engineering status reports to document root cause resolution and ongoing process continuous improvement
- Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, continuous improvement and project management
- Monitor and understand new technologies to improve quality and efficiency
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and overtime as required
- A degree in Electrical Technology, Engineering or comparable ie Mechatronics
- Understanding of PLC integration, sensor applications, machine interface protocols, HMI building, data acquisition to SQL database, Ethernet, Ethercat understanding
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in the hands on process development of automated assembly operations
- Excellent PC based computer skills
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Intermediate\Advanced knowledge of PLC programming, robots (FANUC and ABB).
- Working experience with automotive assembly operations, preferably with on powertrain applications and including high precision components, inline gauging, leak testing, vision systems and auxiliary processes.
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry practices, engineering principles
- Process improvement tools such as Lean /Six Sigma
- Understanding of automotive systems and quality requirements based on IATF 16949/ISO9001 operating systems
- Ability to interact and lead effectively at all levels of the organization
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Group Life - AD&D - Critical Illness Insurance
- Training & Development
- Employee Discounts
- Bonus - Awards - Gifts
- Employee Assistance Program - Counselling
- Fantastic Pension Plan
- Great Health & Dental Benefits
- Profit Sharing
- Short & long term disability plans
- Employee BBQ's and events
- Annual safety shoe and glasses allowances