Gauge Lab Technician
The Gauge Lab Technician is responsible for the repair, calibration and preventative maintenance of production measuring equipment and gauges.
- Perform calibration and maintenance / repair systems for gauges and other inspection equipment to IATF 16949 standards; includes day-to-day operations in support of production and continuous improvement of systems.
- Perform GR&R studies, ongoing gauge maintenance, and special investigations.
- Perform gauge correlation studies and make improvements.
- Monitor backup gauge availability vs. gauge management plans and wear behavior; raise issues to ensure that adequate backup is maintained;
- Build up gauges for production;
- Maintain clear, correct and easily accessible records of all gauging activities;
- Communicate with all appropriate personnel as to the gauging system activities; develop and train all including Production Associates in correct handling and use of gauges;
- Perform all activities within departmental budget;
- Participate in APQP process;
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum relevant technical two year diploma; Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Knowledgeable in metrology, measurement system analysis, GD&T, the principles of statistics, and other quality systems disciplines.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Capable of taking initiative / ownership for areas of responsibility and demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Accurate, thorough, organized, detail-oriented.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and with gauge management systems.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate