Human Resources Administrator
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for vehicle manufacturers. We combine world-leading expertise in powdered metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers must difficult challenges. Our forward thinking people, processes and products set the standard for quality, reliability and performance.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking to add a new member to our HR team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario at our Powder Metal Division (PMDA).
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Administrator reports to the HR Manager. The HR Administrator is responsible for carrying out a wide variety of human resources functions to improve the quality of working lives of employees.
The purpose of this role within Stackpole is to assist in supporting the facility staff through administration of Human Resources Related documentation and payroll\time and attendance processes. Ensuring payroll accuracy and aiding in employee relations activities to maintain a positive work culture. The position is also responsible for the timely and accurate maintenance\development of the payroll\time and attendance systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First point of contact for employee questions and concerns; Interaction with employees at all levels of the organization. Active engagement with employees in the work area/factory.
- Responsible for the day to day input and reconciliation of site payroll as well as resolution of any employee questions/concerns
- Inputs all changes for payroll into payroll system
- Verify hours from Time and Attendance System for all full-time and agency employees. Runs reports, checks exceptions, and notifies corporate payroll department to run payroll once finalized
- Checks for accuracy of payroll registers
- Corrects all payroll issues and makes payroll adjustments as necessary
- Updates and maintains accurate information in time and attendance system
- Tracks and maintains vacations, leaves etc. for salaried and hourly employees in time and attendance system
- Enters new employees in payroll system, time and attendance system, swipe card system, shop floor reporting system, and glove vending system, and ensures appropriate access rights are provided
- Schedules and conducts orientations for new employees, explaining policies and procedures, and company benefits and coordinating new hire training
- Process and track all employee allowances (safety shoes, safety glasses, tool allowance).
- Generates and distributes absenteeism reports and various other reports depending on requirements
- Maintain accurate records in all databases, including rate, status, position and shift changes, as well as banking info, etc.
- Administers hourly performance reviews
- Responsible for all benefit administration, as well as Short Term/Long Term Disability claims management
- Assists in the counseling of employees and tracks discipline records
- Responsible for administration of uniform program
- Prepares new hire offer letters, discipline letters, general employee memos, etc.
- Employee relations activities and initiatives, including BBQ’s, Christmas Parties, etc
- Ensure privacy and respect of employee information is maintained.
- Provides administrative support for a broad range of Human Resources activities as required
- Coordinates continuous improvement initiatives
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Other HR initiatives and projects as assigned
- Should be a graduate of a post-diploma program in Human Resource Management, or degree with HR Management option
- Working towards or possess the designation of Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Two years plus of related experience is desired, but recent college/university graduates will be considered based on course work and grades
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Previous payroll experience would be considered an asset
Technical and Skill Requirements:
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, Time and Attendance and HR Information Systems
- Must possess good organizational, and strong interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability in problem solving, and responsiveness to customer needs.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete multiple tasks concurrently
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- High energy level and ability to carry out many and varied duties accurately and timely.
- Experience with Ceridian, Workday, and/or IDT an asset
- Full-time employment with hours from Monday to Friday, 7am-3pm (may vary to support business needs)
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities