Millwright Mechanic (433A) Continental Night Shift
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new members to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
The Millwright Mechanic is responsible for all preventative maintenance/repairs of all plant utilities, machinery and processes.
- Support the operation of the Maintenance Department within the guidelines of IATF 16949 process and procedures
- Support and work within the procedures of the maintenance management software systems to facilitate Preventative Maintenance activities, work order management, spare and replacement component purchasing.
- Duties encompass preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, modifications and rigging as required.
- Completion of Preventative Maintenance work orders as per the PM schedule, complete and accurate feedback on the PM outlining completion or additional work and materials required to complete the PM.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures and ensure all equipment is properly guarded and operating in a safe manner.
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources, Processes, Products and Equipment employed within the departments that you are assigned to on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Technical Team Members on other shifts within the departments, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in department team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues
- Participate in 5 “S” activities.
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process;
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the department;
- Measures for success:
- Maximize equipment uptime, minimize equipment breakdowns
- PM effectiveness and reliability, ensure that machines are returned to production ready to make parts
- Effective feedback on equipment issues, after or during PM or breakdown activities, proper spare and material replacement ordering
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment
- Must have an Ontario Trade Certificate as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic and have at least three years relevant work experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with heavy presses preferred.
- Must be a reliable, mature individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to work continental night shift
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, premiums, bonus, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate