Millwright Mechanic (433A) Continental Night Shift
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new members to our Maintenance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
The Millwright Mechanic is responsible for all preventative maintenance/repairs of all plant utilities, machinery and processes.
- Support the operation of the Maintenance Department within the guidelines of IATF 16949 process and procedures
- Support and work within the procedures of the maintenance management software systems to facilitate Preventative Maintenance activities, work order management, spare and replacement component purchasing.
- Duties encompass preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, modifications and rigging as required.
- Completion of Preventative Maintenance work orders as per the PM schedule, complete and accurate feedback on the PM outlining completion or additional work and materials required to complete the PM.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures and ensure all equipment is properly guarded and operating in a safe manner.
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources, Processes, Products and Equipment employed within the departments that you are assigned to on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Technical Team Members on other shifts within the departments, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in department team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues
- Participate in 5 “S” activities.
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process;
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the department;
- Measures for success:
- Maximize equipment uptime, minimize equipment breakdowns
- PM effectiveness and reliability, ensure that machines are returned to production ready to make parts
- Effective feedback on equipment issues, after or during PM or breakdown activities, proper spare and material replacement ordering
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Team player with the ability to work with others in a team based environment
- Must have an Ontario Trade Certificate as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic and have at least three years relevant work experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with heavy presses preferred.
- Must be a reliable, mature individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to work continental night shift
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, premiums, bonus, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.