Quality Lab Technician
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
We are looking to add a new member to our Quality team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
Responsible for evaluation, control and completion of metallurgical and dimensional analysis of regular production throughout all stages of manufacturing, from forming and finishing, as well as analysis of new product, material, process development and routine tests and analysis on base and blended powder.
- Metallurgical and dimensional analysis of all products as required by the control plan; provide support to forming and finishing departments.
- If metallurgical and/or dimensional evaluation shows parts do not meet specification, determine extent of problem, and assist in the quarantine of parts as needed. Ensure clear, and prompt communication.
- Keep accurate records of test data. Archive reports and test specimens.
- Calibration of test equipment and gauges.
- Maintain and record issues that occur during the course of the day. This includes completed testing and any problems encountered in the lab and in production.
- Implement 5S to improve work efficiency and maintain safer work environment.
- Check lab equipment are in good working order and request maintenance as necessary.
- Complete reports and perform metallurgical and dimensional analysis for PPAP, root cause analysis, and other projects as required.
- Conduct base and blended powder quality checks prior to release to production as required.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
- Technologist Graduate with a minimum three (3) years post-secondary education in Metallurgy and Material Sciences or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the principles of analytical chemistry, statistics, measurement fundamentals, material properties, material manufacturing processes, lab and process automation, and production metallurgy.
- Computer knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Two years plus of related technical experience is desired, but recent college graduates will be considered based on course work and grades.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate