Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. As a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a Gauge Technician to our Quality team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario.
As a member of the Quality team, the Gauge Technician reports to the Quality Manager. The Gauge Technician is responsible for ensuring all measurement equipment in the facility is maintained in good working condition & calibrated / certified per appropriate and traceable standards through the Gauge Calibration program. As part of the APQP team, leads a cross functional team to develop appropriate measurement solutions for parts with complex geometry / GD&T requirements, implements them into production effectively, and assists in process capability assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and conducts gauge certifications and the gauge maintenance program including repair, calibration and preventative maintenance of production measuring equipment and gauges to IATF 16949 Standards.
- Maintain clear, correct and easily accessible records of all gauging activities
- Works with internal teams and outside vendors to develop and build appropriate measurement solutions for parts with complex geometry / GD&T requirements
- Investigate developments in technology within the metrology field and identify opportunities to implement innovative measurement solutions to reduce product variation & manufacturing costs
- Establish & maintain backup gauge availability vs. gauge management plans and wear behavior
- Formulates process and quality policies, procedures and action plans, and consults with others to ensure acceptability and implementation
- Acts as adviser to work teams with respect to measurement solutions and assists with projects
- Promotes team problem solving and cooperates with others in problem solving teams
- Develops or adapts process methods and arranges external or delivers internal training for operators
- Oversees all Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) studies as well as correlation studies and implements improvements as required
- Communicate with all appropriate personnel as to the gauging system activities; develop and train all including Production Associates in correct handling and use of gauges
- Perform all activities within departmental budget
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Participate in the APQP Process
- Adheres to Stackpole’s policies and procedures
- Adheres and supports Stackpole’s Safety and Environmental policies and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma of a technical nature or equivalent education and work experience
- Experience and knowledge in the automotive industry, preferably in the powder metal industry
- ASQ certification would be an asset
Technical & Skill Requirements:
- Proficient Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Fully capable of working from blueprints and Knowledgeable in metrology, measurement system analysis, GD&T, the principles of statistics, and other quality systems disciplines
- Capable of taking initiative / ownership for areas of responsibility and demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Accurate, thorough, organized, detail-oriented
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and with gauge management systems
- Understanding of gauge calibration software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Familiar with IATF 16949
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to learn other computer software as required
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.