Process Quality Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. As a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a Process Quality Specialist to our Quality team. This role is based in Ancaster, Ontario.
As a member of the Quality team, the Process Quality Specialist reports to the Quality Manager. The Process Quality Specialist is the technical resource for the CMM group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program the CMM using all applicable software. (features of size and form)
- Generate statistical reports based on CMM data.
- Perform statistical analysis and capability studies as required and generate reports using appropriate software.
- Conduct Annual Layouts of product when required.
- Perform calibration of gauges as required.
- Create CMM programs for tooling measurement as required.
- Support Engineering, Quality and Tooling personnel as required.
- Participate with continuous improvement and problem solving activities as required.
- Housekeeping and basic maintenance and calibration of CMM.
- Perform required backup of CMM data and maintain all archived records.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Adheres to Stackpole’s policies and procedures
- Adheres and supports Stackpole’s Safety and Environmental policies and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma of a technical nature or equivalent education and work experience
TECHNICAL & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience and knowledge in the automotive industry, preferably in the powder metal industry.
- Experience with Zeiss CMM Programming “Calypso” software
- Understanding of Gear Pro software and knowledge of gear fundamentals
- Fully capable of working from blueprints and understanding of GD&T.
- Well organized and an effective communicator.
- Able to work as part of a team and complete assigned tasks by target date.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Understanding of gauge calibration software.
- Familiar with IATF16949.
- Understanding of Mitutoyo CMM Programming an asset
- Ability to learn other computer software as required.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (including Physical Demands):
- Manufacturing environment with limited climate control
- Standing and walking for long periods of time