Non Destruct Testing Engineering Specialist
The NDT Engineering Specialist position is responsible for providing support to engineering activities and initiatives at PMDM focusing on the development of new or existing NDT systems & focusing on developing Non Destructive Testing system implementation and debugging. The position requires creativity, flexibility and initiative to resolve recurrent issues through the application of resources combined with the gathering and analysis of available data.
- Understand, manage and debug current NDT systems at PM - Mississauga
- Help day to day trouble shooting by actively involving NDT supplier to make the systems robust.
- Long term planning and execution to reduce “False Rejects” on all NDT system.
- Creating standardized documentation for all NDT systems.
- Identifying and developing “Non-Contact”, “Contact” & or “Non Destructive” methods/systems to prevent / detect bad parts (visual and hidden defects on PM parts)
- Active participation in the development and implementation of NDT processes, development and equipment selection / installation.
- Provide assistance in the recommendation of modifications to both current NDT systems and NDT systems in development, to permit economical & robust detection systems for the identification of surface defects in manufacturing; or to meet performance specifications and the requirements of serviceability.
- Support and participate in production team meetings to review and resolve Quality, Service, Operations, Facilities and Environmental, Health & Safety issues when required.
- Be a technical resource and support to P&PD to which you may be assigned on a day-to-day basis.
- Contribute towards meeting the goals of producing quality parts, on-time and at the lowest possible cost.
- Assist in the development of Standardized work
- Communicate with the Production and other departments on a regular basis to keep them well informed of the progress in technological advances made within the scope of this position.
- Keep current with emerging trends, tools and technologies in the NDT industry
- Attend training courses as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Develop and improve NDT system service standards for suppliers
- Research information in NDT manuals as requires
- Carry lessons learned into new system designs
- Standardize NDT systems throughout the plant
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PM - Mississauga Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Preferred engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic NDT concepts and requirements will be an asset
- Familiar with the following NDT methods: Vision, Eddy Current, Magnetic Particle, Acoustic Resonance and Die Penetrant
- Project Management basics
- Strong Analytical skills (Data Analysis & Creation)
- Accomplished problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a results oriented, fast paced and customer-focused environment
- Self motivated and experienced in leading continuous improvement initiatives in all aspects of the business
- Background in automotive or similar manufacturing environments will be an asset.
- Mush have good eyesight and colour vision
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong computer skills
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate