Advanced Engineering Metallurgical Technician
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Technical Services team. This role is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Support product development and R&D teams by preparing and analyzing metallurgical samples
- Set-up, completion and analysis of mechanical testing
- Keep laboratory supplies readily available by inventorying stock
- Develop method SOP’s, validation and reporting
- Sorting and labelling microsection coupons
- Demonstrate safe work habits and enforce a clean and organized work environment
- Work with outsourced technical support labs
- Able to create and maintain work instructions
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate from a recognized institution in a metallurgical, industrial or chemical related field
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory work experience
- Must have metallurgical and materials testing experience
What we offer...
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.