Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Product & Process Development team. This role is based in Stratford, ON.
- Metallographic sample preparation (sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing, etching) and full metallurgical analysis
- Sediment analysis
- Prepare metallurgical reports for customers, PPAP, etc.
- Support operation and engineering for metallurgical issues
- Support problem solving/issue resolution; failure analysis; root cause analysis and mechanical/physical behavior of materials
- Heat-treat process monitoring and take decision for pass/fail condition, disposition of material by using academic knowledge and experience
- Based on the metallurgical results, guide production setters for process correction
- Support activities in the development of new product concepts and applications
- Work with engineering teams internally and externally to advice on material specifications for powder metal products
- Make recommendations for material properties, process design and development by collecting and using actual or proxy data
- Conduct or participate in AQP Teams, work closely with suppliers, customers and cross-functional teams
- Contribute to product and process knowledge within the organization through research and development
- Development and documentation of lab procedures and standards for metallurgical evaluations
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- College diploma or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
- Combined experience of up to 5 years with education and experience in powder metal/heat treat operations
- Completion of Powdered Metal Training or willing to complete within 18 months of being hired
- Basic understanding of CQI 9 requirements for heat treatment and sintering is an asset
- Proven effective time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling parts and various equipment
- Excellent computer skills knowledge in Microsoft Office programs and ACAD (or similar software) and SolidWorks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to work well independently or within a team environment
- Excellent analytical approach to problem solving
What we offer…..
- Full-time employment with hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.