Account Manager - Sales
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power solutions and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ most difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
With Corporate Services in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centers throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Sales team. This role is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA. Travel throughout North America is required with some global travel as well.
- To develop, secure, manage and grow market share of products/product lines with assigned accounts. Must be intimately aware of customer strategic goals and initiatives. Additional responsibilities include quoting and supplying total system solutions vs. just component parts. Position works closely with Program Managers and Systems Engineers.
- Responsible to profitably grow and manage sales & profitability expectations and develop deep contacts at assigned accounts; Implement pricing actions as required.
- Responsible for getting Stackpole specified on new projects and platforms and project management.
- Conduct and provide industry segment forecast and trend data as required.
- Act as a liaison between customers and company as well as manage Customer Scorecard relationship so that Stackpole meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Participate as a team member to suggest changes in strategies or services provided to respond to changing market conditions.
- Bachelor Degree, Engineering Preferred
- +5 years’ experience in a sales environment; +2 years specific to automotive an asset
- Powertrain and/or Ford-Tier 1 OEM experience a plus
- A highly organized and systematic approach to account management along with technical selling skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and markets
- Knowledge of factors affecting profits and ROI
- Demonstrated forecasting and planning skills and strong selling, marketing and negotiating skills
- Project Management skills
- Able to coordinate activities of other team members as needed and manage all aspects of customer programs/systems
What we offer...
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits, 401k and bonus potential
- Training and development opportunities