Mechanical Testing Specialist
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power solutions and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ most difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
With Corporate Services in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Advanced Engineering Technical Services team based in Mississauga, Ontario. Travel throughout Southern Ontario may be required.
- Supports the development of program verification plans: defining tasks, test events, test configuration, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination and all appropriate documentation
- Creates set-up inspection forms along with necessary testing profile templates
- Develops and validates new test methods to help continuously expand lab testing capabilities
- Records, analyzes and reports test results
- Develops standard work instructions for testing equipment.
- Troubleshoots issues in the lab and document lessons learned for continued learning
- Organizes testing lab areas and implement 5S philosophy
- Collaborates and partners with outsourced technical support labs and develops networks to provide required maintenance and support for test equipment
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a metallurgic, mechanical, industrial, or related field
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, preferably working with metals (especially powdered metals) for the
purposes of manufacturing is an asset
- Completed or willingness to complete Powder Metal Training Level 1 certification
- Strong computer skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience documenting laboratory results, and communicating those findings clearly
What we offer…..
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.