Advanced Engineering Metallurgist (or Metallurgical Engineer)
Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power solutions and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ most difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
With Corporate Services in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add a new member to our Advanced Engineering Technical Services team based in Mississauga, Ontario. Travel throughout Southern Ontario may be required.
- Perform short term failure investigation projects on ferrous and non-ferrous automotive components
- Generate concise reports under tight timeframes and suggest appropriate problem root causes
- Develop analytical methods and instructions to enable use of standardized test methods
- Supervise laboratory technicians in implementation of written work instructions
- Maintain detailed records of analytical results. Analyze test results for reasonableness, completeness and appropriateness to the problem
- Work with external analytical laboratories to develop a resource network of most appropriate analytical techniques
- Liaise with internal and external customers during analytical investigations
- Advise on selection of analytical methods and laboratory equipment
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Materials Science/Metallurgy
- Expertise in optical and electron microscopy is an asset
- Knowledge of advanced materials analytical methods will be an advantage
- Practical experience of execution of failure analysis projects
- Experience in interpretation of steel microstructures will be essential, knowledge of ferrous powder metallurgy materials and microstructures is a definite asset
- Knowledge and interest in strength of materials, microstructures and effects on mechanical properties will be preferred.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
- Training and Development opportunities
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.