Product Engineering Specialist
- Provide technical support and support to various teams within Stackpole, PM-Mississauga.
- Champion the APQP process and maintain the Master Timeline for the development and launching of new and modified products.
- Participate and provide technical support during external and internal design reviews of products and processes.
- Coordinate and champion the manufacture of prototype (pre-production) parts as required.
- Selection of special characteristics
- Communicate with customers in a technical capacity to ensure the mutual satisfactory resolution of problems.
- Facilitate team efforts involving the setting of goals, problem solving and maintaining timelines to reach company objectives.
- Participate in the implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Participate/lead capacity analysis studies
- Gather and analyze data from trials to establish new parameters and process conditions to be implemented in production.
- Transfer knowledge learned in the pre-production and production part approval stages of development to production staff during and after new program launches.
- Guide other members of the department in the completion of daily tasks.
- Lead Continuous improvement initiatives to improve the quality of Stackpole products and to reduce and eliminate waste in the value stream.
- Develop test methods and carry out trials to test hypothesis and determine the effects of proposed changes to production parts and processes. Make recommendations based on the analysis of these results.
- Create and implement new procedures through verbal and written instruction to production staff.
- Develop and update Advanced Product Quality Planning documentation when required. These documents include but are not limited to Process Flow Diagrams, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis documents and other process specific documents.
- Verify the accuracy and approve product documents when required.
- Work with production to aid in the troubleshooting of production parts and processes; providing support where needed.
- Work on multiple product lines where opportunities exist.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have experience in launching new program releases in a fast paced and high volume environment.
- Graduate Engineer or Technologist in a Metallurgical or Mechanical discipline.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Working knowledge in the use of CAD Software
- Must be a hands-on individual with excellent organization skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills and have previously demonstrated the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Automotive experience is a MUST.
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate